Sunday 13 November 2011

Franken #8: Antiqued Mauve

Today is November 13th. I haven't been writing as much on the blog as I wish. A couple of days ago we saw the snow for the first time this season in the city where I live. It is a bit late compared to last year. It's been harder to find sun so I can take clear pictures of my frankens, can't do anything about the sun. See the picture of the first snow at the end :) I was thinking however to create some sort of good lighting indoors which can capture the beauty of these babies. I don't have a lot of experience with lighting, can anyone help? If you have suggestions about good lighting indoors let me know in the comments below :)

Anyhow, today's franken is a beautiful Mauve color with different colored shimmers. Sometimes it looks like an antiqued goldish color, sometimes it looks brownish and in some lights it is just a beautiful mauve. I fell in love with it the moment I put it on and I was happy to find that the formula turned out to be great unlike some other franken attempts. I used Seche Vite on top since I got bored from the Revlon top coat I used throughout the last couple of months. It started to become thicker and sometimes it causes bubbles. I will leave you now with my pretty franken Antiqued Mauve :) The pictures aren't that great so let me know if you have suggestions for indoor lighting. Also let me know what you think of the color in the comments below ;)






2 comments:

  1. the yellowish lighting is much better for photographing but it totally changed the color :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some light bulbs that produce "natural lighting". It's not quite the sun but it might do the trick

    ReplyDelete