Sunday 6 November 2011

Kleancolor Chunky Holos, Haul and Review

Hi there :) This post is a haul and review of some Chunky Holo colors from Kleancolor. I got these a few weeks ago from eBay after I saw some swatches of them online. The colors looked amazing in the swatches but I knew the formula and its smell were kind of annoying. I hesitated at first but I got them anyways. You can't resist such colors for so long :D


(L-R) Chunky Holo Bluebell, Chunky Holo Scarlet, Chunky Holo Black

Chunky Holo Bluebell: a blue jelly with these beautiful opal glitters. They reflect orange and green mainly. This color is best in layering. See how beautifully it was layered over black in my swatch below.

(L-R) Chunky Holo Bluebell, Chunky Holo Black, Chunky Holo Scarlet

Also see the layering swatches on ThePolishaholic.


Chunky Holo Scarlet: Red jelly base with glitters which reflect green and orange sometimes but mainly they are red. See also the swatches of this color in this post by nihrida.


Chunky Holo Black: This color is absolutely amazing. It has different sized hex opal glitter. They layer beautifully on black and other dark colors. The swatches below are over black.
 

You can find other layering swatches in this post by the-swatchaholic. These polishes are so cheap by the way (around $1.5 to $2 depending on where you get them). I could not find them in any stores near me in Canada so I had to get them from eBay and it was a good deal. They have some drawbacks, however. They smell awful and the consistency is rather thick. They take a long time to dry and if you don't dry them well before adding a top coat, they bubble.

What do you think about these colors?

3 comments:

  1. Looks really halloweenish - personally this type of effect makes me want to scratch them out

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I never looked at them as Halloweenish but come to think about it you are right, they do :)

    ReplyDelete